The Design Process & Specification Information
5 Step Process
2. Deep dive into the details of your project
-Provide us with the specifications of your moss piece
3. We will then provide you with a quote
4. Receive invoice and pay invoice
5. Production gets started on your piece
Schedule a consultation with our team. Check out our gallery and collections to get a visual idea of the type of moss art you're looking to bring into your space.
Deep dive into the details of your project.
Provide us with the specifications of your desired moss piece - including:
- Ideal style (Origin Series, Amazonia, Botanica, etc.) - we can also quote various styles. Finalize your style preference by selecting colors, materials, and design (we can also do this after the initial pricing exercise).
- Type of substrate or finishing (foam, plywood, PVC, frame, etc.)
- Preferred edging (sheet moss edge, wrapped edge, frame, no edge if it goes wall to wall, etc)
Other Details Needed:
- Wall Specifications. We need dimensions of your moss art and the overall wall. This is a very important step as our pieces are hand-cut and handmade so we want to be as accurate as possible when designing your moss art. With the dimensions, we would need you to include any outlets or other obstacles that you may encounter when installing your piece as well as where we would need to pre-cut holes in the piece. If you are doing any kinds of special finishes to the wall (tile, shiny paint, etc), we would need to know that as well.
- Installation Details: Please let us need-to-know details about how high your piece will be off the ground, if your site is under construction, etc.
- Provide us with details of your timeline. Our average timeframe for projects can range anywhere from 3-12 weeks depending on the size of your moss piece and the specifications.
- Your logo: If you want to include a logo in your piece, we would need to know if you want to do white, black, gold, silver, or painted your actual logo colors. We would also need to know if you are embedding the lettering in the moss or prefer to float it off the wall on studs.
We will then provide you with a quote. Your quote for your moss art will include: pricing options, timeline, etc.
Receive invoice and pay invoice. Upon accepting your quote you will receive an invoice for your selected moss art. You will then pay the invoice and after payment is received, production will then get started on your piece.
Production gets started on your piece. Our production team will begin the design and fabrication process and then mossing will commence.
Timelines vary depending on size and style of your piece. Once completed, your piece will be shipped to you or installed by our installation team.
How to Specify
Please choose a style that you like from our collections. They have names based on the material used as well as the design overall- you can also name another project that we have done to use as inspiration for the piece.
The different collections include:
- Amazonia Collection - Preserved Mosses, Preserved Ferns, and Faux Succulents
- Botanica Collection - Preserved Ferns and Mosses
- Origin Series - Mixed Mosses
- Chroma Collection - Reindeer Mosses (These are the only mosses that come dyed in a lot of different colors. The blues and pinks are especially popular)
- Folio - Sheet Mosses (Used mostly for lettering)
Please let us know if you would like the design to wrap around the edge of the piece or if you want a sheet moss edge. In some cases we can also build frames.